Story behind our names

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Story behind our names

Post by Alerio on Tue May 16, 2017 11:56 am

Heyaa everyone!

Have you ever just looked at each others RSN and just wondered what does that mean? why did that person choose exactly that? how did that came to be or was it completely random? why does run have a '4' in the end?

My story is simple: My RSN is Alerio, which is latin for Eagle - so why eagle? An eagle has always been one of my favorite animals due to its majestic appearances, so the choice was a mixture of randomness and thought Smile

I would love to hear the story behind your name! So feel free to share

I don't know if there already is a similar thread, I couldn't find it at least - if there is, just let me know Smile
Alerio
Active Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Re: Story behind our names

Post by Autocrat on Tue May 16, 2017 1:27 pm

My previous rsn had 'king' in it so when the time came to change RSN I was looking for something similar to that. I looked for a lot of synonyms for King. Autocrat was one of them and luckily it was available Razz I also remember trying to choose 'Bureaucrat" but that wasn't available.

Autocrat: an imperious person who insists on complete obedience from others.
a ruler who has absolute power.

Probably not the nicest word in the dictionary but I still think it's pretty cool I was able to get that as my RSN.

Spoiler:
Just to add to this, my sister calls me Autobrat sometimes lol a pun on the word. xD
Autocrat
Active Forum Member

Spide

Back to top Go down

Post by Skillius on Tue May 16, 2017 2:26 pm

Back when OSRS first started I decided to make a skiller, and just like any cliche skiller, I had to have the word "skill" somewhere in my name haha. Skillius just came to my mind for some reason and I really liked it. When it came to breaking my skiller and making it a main I thought about changing my RSN, but I grew to fond of it so I kept it.

That's the simple story behind my name Very Happy
Skillius
Active Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by D A D D Y A F on Tue May 16, 2017 2:42 pm

Well, I made a tiny mistake c;

long story short
I used the new name-check feature to look up some cool names and then i missclicked and now Moon light is my name. Very Happy
D A D D Y A F
$20+ Donor
$20+ Donor

serp

Back to top Go down

Post by BitBug on Tue May 16, 2017 4:51 pm

Not my current name but actualy a funny story about my login name,

its "teelball" which means testicle in Dutch :p I was twelve .... making a wc pure I was sure I would never properly use, but then my main got hacked and I started using it as my new main.

thank god for name change update

PS: When I wanted to make it member I had to login while my mom was sitting next to me to pay for it ........... awesome
BitBug
Active Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lokandur on Tue May 16, 2017 5:08 pm

I wanted a name that was unique and sounded like a character from a fantasy novel, I just typed in variations of names until I finally got one that was available.
Lokandur
Active Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KingNightfury on Tue May 16, 2017 6:40 pm

My name originated from an old clan friend, she and i would listen to a pod cast from nyc called bodega boys since we were both from nyc. then one night while listening to the podcast, the subject of bodega(spanish for deli) cats came up, one thing lead to another, and i combined my love of wolves and bodega cats and boom! bodegawolf lol
KingNightfury
Active Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 11 Eleven on Tue May 16, 2017 8:07 pm

Something very special happened to me on November 11th ---> 11/11 ---> 11 Eleven
11 Eleven
$20+ Donor
$20+ Donor

Back to top Go down

Post by sylar on Tue May 16, 2017 11:06 pm

I used to watch the TV series 'Heroes' a lot. In this series Sylar is the bad guy (later gone semi-good) and I always thought he's just an amazing TV character, this one of my favourites today. Sadly the name 'Sylar' was already taken so I had to make an adjustment so now it's 'S ylar'.
Everytime the real Sylar logs in I pm him about how jealous I am but he won't change it :'(

@BitBug wrote:Not my current name but actualy a funny story about my login name,
Don't be too eager on giving out your RS log in name mate. Even though we're on a friendly community forum you never know who's lurking here!

sylar
Active Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Three Dog on Thu May 18, 2017 11:02 am

I know this one is a little tricky but I uhh.. like the Fallout series Wink
Three Dog
Insane Donor
Insane Donor

Back to top Go down

Post by NobleFox on Thu May 18, 2017 12:39 pm

Noble was the Name of my Late Great Uncle. Fox is named for my first stuffed animal and first Favorite Animal. Silence just sounds cool after Noble.
NobleFox

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybird2 on Thu May 18, 2017 3:15 pm

I was looking for something feminine as my name and since both lady and 'bird' which is slang for a female combine to make the name of a red and black quite striking insect that's what I chose. Some peoples names are difficult to shorten if you select the first 3/4 letters for speed you sometimes end up with something that leaves you wondering who people are talking to and they are not very memorable. I am happy to say I still get contacted occasionally by people from years ago, because they remembered my name. The 2 is because the name was taken as just Ladybird.

ladybird2
Active Forum Member

ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by BitBug on Thu May 18, 2017 7:52 pm

@sylar wrote:I used to watch the TV series 'Heroes' a lot. In this series Sylar is the bad guy (later gone semi-good) and I always thought he's just an amazing TV character, this one of my favourites today. Sadly the name 'Sylar' was already taken so I had to make an adjustment so now it's 'S ylar'.
Everytime the real Sylar logs in I pm him about how jealous I am but he won't change it :'(

@BitBug wrote:Not my current name but actualy a funny story about my login name,
Don't be too eager on giving out your RS log in name mate. Even though we're on a friendly community forum you never know who's lurking here!

meh, I don't see what my login name takes away from my security, double 2 step authenticator ftw
BitBug
Active Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightsward on Thu May 18, 2017 10:44 pm

When I was younger I used to read this book series called Redwall; one of the places mentioned in one of the books was called Southsward or something. For some reason I thought tacking Night to the beginning of it sounded cool, hence the name.

Picked Esoteric when the name release came around because the meaning/sound of it was cool. It's also the name of a pretty decent band
Nightsward
Active Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Agdal on Fri May 19, 2017 3:55 pm

This was my 2nd account made. Mau is short for my real name and freak is cause I started playing while I was in elementary school and everyone (including friends, my family and even my teacher) thought the way I was able to play a game I can't understand forces me to learn a second language and teaches me to interact with people that was uncommon, was extraordinary, freaky.
Agdal
Active Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by runtellthat4 on Fri May 19, 2017 6:17 pm

My name is inherited... my son is runtellthat 1 & 2...while watching my son and grandson play and complain about tedious tasks.I mentioned "hell i could do that stuff for you."... moving like lightening he logged and created runtellthat4 for me..I was thrilled I had my own acct...I suspect I became #4 because I doubt son expected me to continue playing..both he and I were wrong about that...

Not to be outdone my grandson created skaterpunk472 for me (renamed Callmerun because thats what everyone called me anyway.)

My forgotten acct whatdafoxup got its name because we got bored one night and had a contest to come up with best name for a future acct (remember back in 2006 names were permanent).ya I was crafty way back then when I was young..my name won.

runtellthat4
Active Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 25 gp on Mon May 22, 2017 11:03 am

when you get off tutorial island 25 gp is what your bank starts out at
25 gp
Active Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Active Faith on Mon May 22, 2017 1:16 pm

I like the brand, and also believe its important to have a faith that's active! Fun to read up on others stories, good idea!
Active Faith

Back to top Go down

Post by eoinc on Thu May 25, 2017 4:57 am

My first username was jimmy420, even though i never smoked anything. i just couldn't think of a name... my 2nd name was Dangernoodl, aka nope rope, aka snake, because it was edgy, as you can see. since my name is eoin c, i just mushed the two together into the creative EoinC. now, my name is osrs Oink, to go with the joke for just a little bit! for those wondering, my name is pronounced like 'Owen', or as if the E were silent. sorry for the word block lol
eoinc
Active Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by x diu lei x on Thu May 25, 2017 10:57 am

best I dont go into the origin of my name lol
x diu lei x

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum