CLOSED (Don't know if I can actually delete)

+4
ladybird2
Toxic Habit
Enty
Doofus
8 posters

Go down

CLOSED (Don't know if I can actually delete) Empty CLOSED (Don't know if I can actually delete)

Post by Doofus Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:23 pm

I've been inactive on the off site for some time, and recently when I came back, I saw that this had been resurrected at some point. I'm going to go ahead and close this now. I'm not sure if there's a way to actually delete it or not, but I figured this will do.

This post was made by a much younger Doofus, and I have since grown as a person and no longer feel the same way I did 3 years ago.

Thanks for putting up with the headstrong person I was back then.

Love you guys <3

Last edited by Doofus on Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:39 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : wrong verbiage)
Doofus
Doofus

Back to top Go down

CLOSED (Don't know if I can actually delete) Empty Re: CLOSED (Don't know if I can actually delete)

Post by Enty Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:56 pm

Hey,

thanks for raising your concern.
While we understand that weed as a drug is already legalized in many countries and that alcohol is known to be very harmful if not even more harmful than weed you must believe me when I say that we wish for neither topics to be discussed in the cc.

As a very large clan with a community of all ages we intend to keep it clean even for the youngest.

I do agree it is a bit tougher to draw the same lines with both drugs, but when I am actively moderating the chat I will try to stop both topics from developing too far.
It just so happens that more often than not, the discussion about alcohol is simply a discussion about different beverages, but a discussion about marijuana is about how high someone got, how awesome it felt, how big a bowl someone smoked etc.
Often encouraging its use.

CLOSED (Don't know if I can actually delete) Lumbridge

CLOSED (Don't know if I can actually delete) Workin10

CLOSED (Don't know if I can actually delete) Enty
Enty
Enty

CLOSED (Don't know if I can actually delete) YP5zkAJ

Back to top Go down

CLOSED (Don't know if I can actually delete) Empty Re: CLOSED (Don't know if I can actually delete)

Post by Doofus Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:54 pm

Pay no mind, traveller. Smile

Last edited by Doofus on Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:40 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : accuracy and not sounding like a doofus :))
Doofus
Doofus

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybird2 Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:12 pm

At a certain age, with proof I can go into any supermarket in the uk and purchase alcohol. I don't want to hear how drunk anyone is in the cc, but since its not considered smart in general, is often untrue and attention seeking, based on their ability to type imo, and receives very little encouragement as this isn't a trolly sort of cc, with a little guidance it invariably has very little impact on the clan in my experience.
I have no idea how to get drugs, have never been offered any and certainly it isn't just available on a family shopping trip, I don't even smoke tobacco and have to pm people for clarification for some of the terms used. If I did have any I imagine I would be in a situation where I wouldn't be drawing attention to myself in public, they are illegal here. I don't want to read about them, however harmful, recreational, medicinal they may be perceived to be. If I had a young friend or relative introduced to the clan, I would not want them exposed to the topic. I always react, if people want to pm each other that's up to them. Every rank has their own stance, that is mine, and supported by the current rules and owners who allow us to moderate as we see fit when we see a potential problem, or infringement. I am proud of those people who step in, its a popular rule and why so many choose this clan, along with so many other great things about it.
ladybird2

CLOSED (Don't know if I can actually delete) NuD0cpJ

ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by runtellthat4 Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:10 pm

As far as I know this is covered in our rules already..our rules are rather broad as trying to limit our moderators with micro managing absolute specifics simply does not work.We rely on our moderators to use their best judgement in dealing any disruptive behavior or context they feel is inappropriate.
runtellthat4

CLOSED (Don't know if I can actually delete) Eoezals

Back to top Go down

Post by Toxic Habit Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:41 pm

Don't think rules are going to change any time soon aha. I had questioned the no swearing rule because I myself do swear from time to time without realizing it. It can be argued that there is a profanity filter that can be enabled but rules are rules.
Toxic Habit
Toxic Habit

CLOSED (Don't know if I can actually delete) WPOUh

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybird2 Mon May 01, 2017 6:22 am

We mostly all admit to swearing rl sometimes, however typing it is a more considered action, and one we prefer not to share for the overall atmosphere of the clan, you are not the first to make that comment, and wont sadly be the last Smile Smile
ladybird2

ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by runtellthat4 Mon May 01, 2017 8:42 am

Dealing with swearing was a difficult decision for us early on....without a rule about swearing some would constantly swear just for the fun of it,some made games of it for shock value...Ladybird introduced us to the simple "language Plz" suggestion which has been adopted by most everyone regardless of rank...The reduction in hostility within our chat was so greatly reduced, escalations of disagreements were less hostile..it helped spur substantial growth of our clan.
It has become a cornerstone of our culture of this clan to create a relaxing, mature environment.

runtellthat4

CLOSED (Don't know if I can actually delete) Eoezals

Back to top Go down

Post by 1 Raw Shark Thu Aug 22, 2019 8:18 pm

While I understand that it is not yet legal in all places of the world, and that some people may not partake, but could the same not be said for alcohol? I myself, as a nondrinker, am just as offended by seeing people talk about how much whiskey/beer/what have you they've consumed, as I am as seeing people talk about the real illicit drugs (heroin, cocaine, amphetamines, etc).

I definitely see this side of it.  Personally, as someone who drinks very little, I am not offended by either.  But I agree with the fact that treating alcohol like something that's commonplace but marijuana like some taboo subject also sets the wrong example to the young ones we are trying to spare from overexposure.  

While I've never been a big fan of censorship in general (by the time you allow your children on the internet you'd better have primed them pretty well about the world) I fully understand that these subjects are not the purpose of the CC and have no problem with avoiding them.  However, if we are trying to exclude one but not the other, that's downright silly, as they can both have very adverse effects on people of any age, but particularly the young and impressionable.  I come from a state that's had legalization for over 20 years now, so my perspective is obviously going to be a lot different than most, especially since my specific locality meant it was a major industry of the region. If you're going to use the logic of illegality, there are many places in the world where alcohol is illegal as well.
1 Raw Shark
1 Raw Shark

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybird2 Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:43 am

I am surprised to see this debate surface again from April 2017.......or  am I?. I had cause not an hour ago to ask someone not to refer to his lunch of weed, when another clannie  ( not ranked) informed him of our clan rules.
I live in England, lots of us live in different countries with different cultures and standards. Anytime  the subject starts to be debated in cc, it never ends well, it escalates, and invariably feels  trolls. Personally I don't find it an entertaining , clever or relevant topic,  I can well, do without it, on a game or in real life. So as long as it remains out of cc, my stance is  that I will remain in the cc. I mean why would we even need to discuss it?.
I should have just put scroll back the years to my post in April 2017, nothing has changed. affraid

One last thing, we have had people in the clan in the past who have had or are battling addictions, and some say so, and some get praised for their efforts and encouraged to keep fighting. For them an environment free of the topic, is as welcome to them, as it is to the rest of us.......like we say...there are plenty of clan with no rules.........we may lose some clan mates, but those that remain steadfast have made a choice because we have rules and integrity.
ladybird2

ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by 1 Raw Shark Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:38 pm

ya my bad sorry for the gravedig, I mistakenly thought this was from may of this year.
1 Raw Shark
1 Raw Shark

Back to top Go down

Post by vit Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:41 pm

Two things maybe worth mentioning:

- Alcohol is illegal in some countries. (Kind of debates the Cannabis is not legal everywhere point)
- Alcohol is in Runescape.
vit
vit

CLOSED (Don't know if I can actually delete) U7euiv5

Back to top Go down

Post by Iwan Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:17 pm

kinda funny how my 420th post is gonna be on this topic.

i also raised this question a long time ago. and i agree we shouldnt make a exception for alchohol and tabacco. just my 2cents the rules aint gonna change anyway
Iwan
Iwan

CLOSED (Don't know if I can actually delete) U7euiv5

Back to top Go down