Amendment of Rule 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Amendment of Rule 3

Post by Doofus on Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:23 pm

Hi, everyone,

First and foremost, I want to be INCREDIBLY CLEAR that this is not meant in any way to be disrespectful, or to challenge authority. I respect and love my clannies, and value their opinions and values. I was told that the cc is not an appropriate place to discuss rules, and I respect that, so here I am.

Does rule 3 NEED to be changed? No, I s'pose not. But if someone could at least provide clarification as to why one is allowed while the other is not, that would be awesome. (And I'd prefer it wasn't simply "I don't like it.")

That being said, I came here today to suggest a ratification to rule 3 to either include talks of alcohol, or exclude talks of marijuana.

While I understand that it is not yet legal in all places of the world, and that some people may not partake, but could the same not be said for alcohol? I myself, as a nondrinker, am just as offended by seeing people talk about how much whiskey/beer/what have you they've consumed, as I am as seeing people talk about the real illicit drugs (heroin, cocaine, amphetamines, etc).

It is 2017, and there is countless evidence to support that marijuana is not harmful in the way that we have been taught it is. Why are we continuing to pretend otherwise? Am I saying it's a miracle drug? No, of course not. It takes a toll on the body, just the same as most others do.

Now, of course, nobody wants gratuity. We don't want to hear that you're chainsmoking, or how high you are, or whatever. I get that. But should we really be chastised just for saying something in passing such as drinkers do?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_with_alcohol_prohibition

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_cannabis_by_country

http://www.livescience.com/42738-marijuana-vs-alcohol-health-effects.html

http://www.salon.com/2015/07/08/7_facts_that_prove_alcohol_is_way_more_dangerous_than_marijuana/

Like I said, this is just food for thought.

Last edited by Doofus on Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:21 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : wrong verbiage)
Doofus

Back to top Go down

Re: Amendment of Rule 3

Post by Enty on Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:56 pm

Hey,

thanks for raising your concern.
While we understand that weed as a drug is already legalized in many countries and that alcohol is known to be very harmful if not even more harmful than weed you must believe me when I say that we wish for neither topics to be discussed in the cc.

As a very large clan with a community of all ages we intend to keep it clean even for the youngest.

I do agree it is a bit tougher to draw the same lines with both drugs, but when I am actively moderating the chat I will try to stop both topics from developing too far.
It just so happens that more often than not, the discussion about alcohol is simply a discussion about different beverages, but a discussion about marijuana is about how high someone got, how awesome it felt, how big a bowl someone smoked etc.
Often encouraging its use.

Enty
Active Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Doofus on Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:54 pm

For sure! Always good to have perspective. Totally respect that, and yeah, that's why I mentioned gratuitous conversations about it. <-- that wasn't meant as a rebuttal or means to an arguement, just fyi. Just wanted to reiterate that i do share common concerns. With that, I can see how passing comments could open the door for a bigger discussion.

My experience witnessing the alcohol related conversations have been vastly different than yours, which i know is neither here nor there. It is good to know that it is being looked for and kept under control when need be. Smile That's why I am suggesting adding an addendum to rule 3 that clarifies the official stance on alcohol, as well.

Thank you for your insight! ^_^

Last edited by Doofus on Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:57 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : accuracy and not sounding like a doofus :))
Doofus

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybird2 on Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:12 pm

At a certain age, with proof I can go into any supermarket in the uk and purchase alcohol. I don't want to hear how drunk anyone is in the cc, but since its not considered smart in general, is often untrue and attention seeking, based on their ability to type imo, and receives very little encouragement as this isn't a trolly sort of cc, with a little guidance it invariably has very little impact on the clan in my experience.
I have no idea how to get drugs, have never been offered any and certainly it isn't just available on a family shopping trip, I don't even smoke tobacco and have to pm people for clarification for some of the terms used. If I did have any I imagine I would be in a situation where I wouldn't be drawing attention to myself in public, they are illegal here. I don't want to read about them, however harmful, recreational, medicinal they may be perceived to be. If I had a young friend or relative introduced to the clan, I would not want them exposed to the topic. I always react, if people want to pm each other that's up to them. Every rank has their own stance, that is mine, and supported by the current rules and owners who allow us to moderate as we see fit when we see a potential problem, or infringement. I am proud of those people who step in, its a popular rule and why so many choose this clan, along with so many other great things about it.

ladybird2
Active Forum Member

ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by runtellthat4 on Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:10 pm

As far as I know this is covered in our rules already..our rules are rather broad as trying to limit our moderators with micro managing absolute specifics simply does not work.We rely on our moderators to use their best judgement in dealing any disruptive behavior or context they feel is inappropriate.

runtellthat4
Active Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentPoet on Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:41 pm

Don't think rules are going to change any time soon aha. I had questioned the no swearing rule because I myself do swear from time to time without realizing it. It can be argued that there is a profanity filter that can be enabled but rules are rules.
SilentPoet
$10+ Donor
$10+ Donor

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybird2 on Mon May 01, 2017 6:22 am

We mostly all admit to swearing rl sometimes, however typing it is a more considered action, and one we prefer not to share for the overall atmosphere of the clan, you are not the first to make that comment, and wont sadly be the last Smile Smile

ladybird2
Active Forum Member

ladybird

Back to top Go down

Post by runtellthat4 on Mon May 01, 2017 8:42 am

Dealing with swearing was a difficult decision for us early on....without a rule about swearing some would constantly swear just for the fun of it,some made games of it for shock value...Ladybird introduced us to the simple "language Plz" suggestion which has been adopted by most everyone regardless of rank...The reduction in hostility within our chat was so greatly reduced, escalations of disagreements were less hostile..it helped spur substantial growth of our clan.
It has become a cornerstone of our culture of this clan to create a relaxing, mature environment.

runtellthat4
Active Forum Member

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum