1 Defence Pure [P2P] Guide - Everything you need to know.

+5
Moon Light
an arab lad
RetroScape
Rinrus
Tuck
9 posters

Go down

1 Defence Pure [P2P] Guide - Everything you need to know. Empty 1 Defence Pure [P2P] Guide - Everything you need to know.

Post by Tuck Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:25 am

Hello and welcome to my 1 Defence Pure guide,
requested by 'Anomnomer'.

The best way to start any account is Questing, Pures are no different! However! you must be careful which quests you do because of the rewards the give. Below is a list of all the quests you need to do on a 1 defence pure to get the most out of your account.
the other big decision surrounding pures is what prayer level to get, now this comes down to personal preference, personnaly id always get at least 44 pray, (all protection prayers & ranger boost) but many people stay at 1 prayer this for me is a huge disadvantage, but it does help keep your cmb low in the early stages. Anyway on with the guide for Anomnomers!

The Achievement Diaries give some fantastic rewards, with the Ardougne cape 1 being the bis cape slot for pures until you can obtain the firecape.

Post Quest Training, so youve done all the quests you can for now. you want to get some extra combat levels? Most stats start out the same but change at higher levels.
Heres a basic guide of what to train on;

Melee [Attack/Strength]
01-10 - Chickens
10-20 - Cows
20-30 - Monks
30-40 - Chaos Druids [Herbs for money/xp]
40-60 - Rock Crabs/Experiments
60-99 - Experiments/Rock Crabs

Ranged [if you can afford it cannon as much as possible, this will help keep your hp & combat levels low]
01-10 - Chickens
10-20 - Cows
20-30 - Monks
30-40 - Hill Giants [Big bones & limps]
40-50 - Rock Crabs/Hill Giants
50-70 - Ogres/Rock Crabs
70-80 - Tzhaars [Obsidian drops for cash]
80-99 - Chinning.

Magic [Splash/Alch to save on HP levels once more]
1-19 - Spalsh/Strike Anything
19-55 Curse/Splash
55-99 High Alch

All Quest level reqs;
10 Fishing
31 Crafting
52 Thieving
10 Fletching
40 Cooking
40 Ranged
35 Agility
10 Herblore
20 Smithing
50 Firemaking
18 Slayer
50 Magic
36 Woodcutting

Mith Gloves [Recipe For Disaster]

You will need to complete all 5 Sub-quests that I list here to unlock mith gloves.

*Cooks Assistant* - No stat/item reqs.
{Reward}[1QP] 300 Cooking XP.

*Fishing Contest* - Items Required; 10-15 Coins, 3 bait, Fishing rod, spade.
~10 Fishing~
{Reward}[1QP] 2437 Fishing XP, Access to White wolf Mountain underpass.

*Goblin Diplomacy* - Items Required; Blue Dye[2 woad leaves], Orange dye [2 onions + 3 redberries] 35gp to make dyes.
{Reward} [5QP] 200 Crafting XP, Gold bar

*Gertrude's Cat* - Items Required; Raw Sardine, Bucket of Milk, 100 Coins.
{Reward}[1QP] 1525 Cooking XP, Chocolate cake, Stew, Access to Kittens.

*Shadow of the Storm* - Items Required;200 Coins, 1 Silver bar, Pestle and Mortar, vial, A black outfit of 3+ Pieces, Silverlight.
~30 Crafting~
{Reward}[1QP] Darklight Sword, 10k Exp in any combat skill other than prayer.

*Demon Slayer* - Items Required; 1 coin, Bucket of Water, 25 bones
{Reward}[3QP] Silverlight.

*The Golem* - Items Required; Vial, Pestle and Mortar, Knife, Hammer, Chisel, Papyrus, 2 Shantay Pass, 3 Waterskins, Desert shirt/robe/boots, 4 Soft Clay.
~20 Crafting, 25 Thieving~
{Reward}[1QP] 1k Crafting XP, 1k Thieving XP, 2 Cut Rubies, 2 Cut Emeralds, 2 Cut Sapphires and unlock the carpet ride to Uzer.

*Big Chompy Bird Hunting* - Items Required; Axe, 100 Feathers, Knife, Chisel.
~5 Fletching, 30 Cooking, 30 Ranged~
{Reward}[2QP] 262 Fletching XP, 1470 Cooking XP, 735 Ranged XP, Ogre Bow/Arrows.

*Dwarf* - Items Required; 320 coins, Bucket of Milk, Pot of Flour, Egg, Bowl of Water, Gloves[Ice gloves are best, but they are effort/not needed]
{Reward}[1QP] 1k Slayer XP, 1k Cooking XP

*Goblins* - Items Required; Bread, Orange, Knife, Blue Dye [2 Woad Leaves] Spice, Bait, Bucket of Water, Charcoal.
{Reward}[1QP] 1k Cooking XP, 1k Farming XP, 1k Crafting XP.

*Pirate Pete* - Items Required; Raw Cod [get more than 1 encase you burn it], Pestle and Mortar, Knife, Fishbowl, Needle, 3 Bronze Wire.
{Reward}[1QP] 1k Cooking, Crafting, Smithing and Fishing XP, Unlock Crab Helmet/Gloves.

*Evil Dave* - Items Required; Kitten/cat, 10+ Stews.
{Reward}[1QP] 7k Cooking XP, Ability to make Spicy Stew, own a Hell Cat/Kitten.

*Skrach Uglogwee* - Items Required; Axe, Raw chompies, Iron Spit, Logs, Tinderbox, Pickaxe, Ball of Wool.
{Reward}[1QP] 1.5k XP in Woodcutting, Cooking, Crafting and Ranged. Unlock the Boat trip between Karamja and Feldip Hills.

Climbing Boots Unlock [Death Plateau]

*Death Plateau* - Items Required; 10 Bread, 10 Cooking Trout, 1 Iron Bar, around 2k gp, Asgarnian Ale, Blurberry Special [premade blurb'sp work too]
{Reward}[1QP] 3k Attack XP, Steel Claws + Ability to make Claws, Ability to wear/purchase Climbing Boots for 12gp.

Ancient Magicks Unlock [Desert Treasure]

Pre-quest requirements for all of these Sub-Quests are as Follows;

*Temple of Ikov* - Items Required; Yew or Magic bow, Knife or Slash weapon, 20 Limpwurt Roots, Light source.
~42 Thieving, 40 Ranged~
{Reward}[1QP] 10,500 Ranged XP, 8k Fletching XP, Boots of lightness, Armadyl Pendant.

*The Digsite* - Items Required; Pestle and Mortar, Leather Gloves, Leather Boots, Vial, Tinderbox, Cup of Tea, 2 Ropes.
~10 Agility, 10 Herblore, 25 Thieving~
{Reward}[2QP] 15,300 Mining xp, 2k Herblore XP, 2 Gold Bars

*Druidic Ritual* - Items Required; Raw bear meat, Raw rat meat, Raw beef and Raw chicken.
{Reward}[4QP] Access to Herblore Skill, 250 Herblore XP.

*Troll Stronghold* - Items Required; Climbing boots
~15 Agility~
{Reward}[1QP] Law Talisman, Ability to make laws, Access trollheim/Troll Stronghold and access to the Godwars Dungeon.

*The Tourist Trap* - Items Required; 4-5 Waterskins, Knife, Desert robes, 1-3 Bronze Bars, Hammer, 30-50 Feathers, 100 Coins.
~10 Fletching, 20 Smithing~
{Reward}[2QP] 4650 XP in your choice of 2 skills, Agility/Fletching/Smithing/Thieving. Ability to smith Darts, Slave Robes.

*Desert Treasure* - Items Required; 650 coins, 12 Magic Logs, 6 Steel bars, 6 Molten Glass, Ashes, Charcoal, Blood rune, Bones, Chocolate Cake, Spiked Boots, Climbing boots, Lockpicks, Silver bar, Spice, Pestle and Mortar, Facemask, Tinderbox.
~53 Thieving, 50 Firemaking, 10 Slayer, 50 Magic~
{Reward}[3QP] 20k Magic XP, Access to Ancient Magicks, Ghostly robes and Ancient Staff.

God Book Unlock [Horror from the Deep]
The best book for a 1 defence pure is the Zamorak Godbook, however due to its cost, a cheaper option is the Bandos God Book, or Guthix God Book, the Armadyl God Book is bis Range Bonus, And the Ancient God Book is bis Mage Bonus.

*Alfreds Barcrawl* {Short mini-quest}

*Horror from the Deep* - Items Required; 1 fire, water, earth and air rune. 1 Sword, 1 arrow[except ogre] that you're willing to lose, 1 Molten Glass, Tinderbox, Hammer, 60 Steel nails, 2 Planks, 1 swamp Tar.
~35 Agility~
{Reward}[2QP] 4662.5 Xp in Magic/Strength/Ranged. Damaged book of your choice [can obtain all 3 after filling the first one], Access to the dagannoths underneath the lighthouse.

Ava's Device Unlock [Animal Magnetism]

Pre-quest item/stat Requirements;

*The Restless Ghost* - Items Required; None
{Reward}[1QP] 1125 Prayer XP

*Ernest the Chicken* - Items Required; None
{Reward}[4QP] 300 coins.

*Priest in Peril* - Items Required; 50 un-noted Rune/Pure essence, Bucket.
{Reward}[1QP] 1406 Prayer XP, Unlock Canafis, Wolfbane Dagger.

*Animal Magnetism* - Items Required; Mithril Axe, 5 Iron bars, 20 Ectotokens, Hammer Holy Symbol, Polished Buttons, Hard Leather.
~18 Slayer, 19 Crafting, 30 Ranged, 35 Woodcutting~
{Reward}[1QP] 1000 Crafting, Fletching, Slayer and Woodcut XP, and the Ava's Device.

Dragon Scimitar Unlock [Monkey Madness]

Pre-quest requirements for all of these Sub-Quests are as Follows;

*The Grand Tree* - Items Required; 1k Coins
~25 Agility~
{Reward}[5QP] 7900 Agility XP, 18400 Attack XP, 2150 Magic XP, Access to the Gnome Gliders.

*Tree Gnome Village* - Items Required; 6 Logs.
{Reward}[2QP] 11450 Attack XP, Access to Spirit Trees.

*Monkey Madness* - Items Required; Gold Bar, Ball of wool.
{Reward}[3QP] 10k Coins, 3 Diamonds, Ability to wear Dragon Scimitar, [DO NOT GO BACK AND ACCEPT THE TRAINING!!!!].

Dragon Dagger Unlock [Lost City]

*Lost City* - Items Required; Runes (no staffs) or unfinished ranged gear, and Prayer potions.
{Reward}[3QP] Access to Zanaris and the right to wield the Dragon longsword and Dragon dagger.

Combat Exp Reward Quests; [Att/str]

*Vampire slayer* - Items required; Beer, Hammer
{Reward}[3QP] 4825 Attack XP

*Fight Arena* - Items Required; 5 coins
{Reward}[2QP] 1k Coins, 12175 Attack XP, 2175 Thieving XP, Access to Khazard armour.

*Waterfall Quest* - Items Required; 6 Airs, 6 Earths, 6 Waters, 1 Rope.
{Rewards}[1QP] 13750 Attack XP, 13750 Strength XP, 2 Diamonds, 2 Gold bars, 40 Mithril Seeds.

Other Quests of Interest

*Doric's Quest* - Items Required; 6 Clay, 4 Copper, 2 Iron
{Reward}[1QP] 1300 Mining xp, 180 coins, use of Doric's Anvils.

*The Knight's Sword* - Items Required; Redberry Pie, Pickaxe, 2 Iron Bars.
{Reward}[1QP] 12,725 Smithing XP

*Dwarf Cannon* - Items Required; None
~20 Agility Recommended Although can be done at 1~
{Reward}[1QP] 750 Crafting XP, Ability to use/buy Dwarf multicannon and make Cannonballs.

*The Feud* - Items Required; Karidian Headpiece, Fake Beard, Shantay Pass, Waterskins, 2k Coins, Bucket, Gloves.
{Reward}[1QP] 15k Thieving XP, Adamant Scimitar, Willow Blackjack.

*Mountain Daughter* - Items Required; Rope, Pickaxe, Axe, Plank, Gloves.
{Reward}[2QP] 2k Prayer XP, 1k Attack XP, Bearhead[Same stats as a steel med and looks swag]

*Plague City* - Items Required; Dwellberries, Rope, Spade, 4 Bucket of Water, Bucket of Milk, Chocolate Dust, Snape Grass.
{Reward}[1QP] 2425 Mining XP, Ability to Tele to Ardougne.[/color]

Really hope this guide helps people, I took information from 3-5 different sources plus my own knowledge.

Last edited by Tuck on Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:20 am; edited 3 times in total
Tuck
Tuck

1 Defence Pure [P2P] Guide - Everything you need to know. YP5zkAJ

d2h

Back to top Go down

1 Defence Pure [P2P] Guide - Everything you need to know. Empty Re: 1 Defence Pure [P2P] Guide - Everything you need to know.

Post by Rinrus Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:37 am

Looks good! might want to make a pure myself now lol.
thanks for the guide Very Happy
Rinrus
Rinrus

Back to top Go down

1 Defence Pure [P2P] Guide - Everything you need to know. Empty Re: 1 Defence Pure [P2P] Guide - Everything you need to know.

Post by RetroScape Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:53 am

Great guide! A lot of detail included!
RetroScape
RetroScape

Back to top Go down

Post by an arab lad Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:11 am

Thank you sooooo much T uck! Great, simple guide and will really help out!
an arab lad
an arab lad

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuck Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:50 am

Thanks everyone Smile I'm sure I've missed some things, if you can see or know of any improvements I can make just let me know.
Tuck
Tuck

d2h

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuck Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:29 pm

I forgot to mention that although mith gloves are widely used and recognised as "Pure gloves" they are not Best In slot, to my knowledge both the Combat bracelet + Regen bracelet offer better stats but at a much higher price in comparison.
hence why mith gloves are used for pking.
Tuck
Tuck

d2h

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Light Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:57 am

Sick guide, great work! Smile bounce

1 Defence Pure [P2P] Guide - Everything you need to know. NuD0cpJ

Magic Tree

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuck Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:12 am

D A D D Y A F wrote:Sick guide, great work! Smile bounce

Thanks man Smile
Tuck
Tuck

d2h

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuck Thu May 12, 2016 3:09 am

Added the lost city quest thanks to @anomnomer for noticing it, I don know how I missed it!
Tuck
Tuck

d2h

Back to top Go down

Post by Chubb-e Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:28 pm

Hello I was using this guide and I would like to say that it is very helpful!

However I have noticed an error with the Lost City quest. The requirements are 36 woodcutting and 31 crafting, which means that the skill requirements at the top should be edited.

Thanks for creating this guide - it is very useful.

- 3mko7
Chubb-e

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuck Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:21 am

Chubb-e wrote:Hello I was using this guide and I would like to say that it is very helpful!

However I have noticed an error with the Lost City quest. The requirements are 36 woodcutting and 31 crafting, which means that the skill requirements at the top should be edited.

Thanks for creating this guide - it is very useful.

- 3mko7

Thanks for noticing Smile I've edited that, glad this is helping people <3
Tuck
Tuck

d2h

Back to top Go down

Post by Sp3d2 Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:34 am

Awesome guide mate.

I have a question though. Why is it better to have a lower hp level ? I mean, I know it makes your combat level lower but the more hp you have the better no ? scratch
Sp3d2
Sp3d2

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuck Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:16 am

Sp3d2 wrote:Awesome guide mate.

I have a question though. Why is it better to have a lower hp level ? I mean, I know it makes your combat level lower but  the more hp you have the better no ? scratch

If you're going to train all combat styles, then by the time you hit 80 Range/Mage/Strength, the HP levels you gained would mean you'd you actually be at a disadvantage during a fight, because your opponents could have 10 less HP but 10 more strength lvls.
HP is trained at a Ratior of 1:3, so getting for example (not accurate but to highlight the point)

every attack/str/range level = 0.3hp (in terms of xp) mage is slightly different due to base cast xp

so getting straight 50's would = around 55 hp for arguments sake lets say this = 50 combat too

if you cannon&splash 1 attack & 2 str lvls = 1 HP

so you could get straight 50's and still remain 50 hp. the extra levels would, so you could still hit the same as the lvl 50 above, but you have a lower combat level meaning your opponents will be weaker.
Does this make sense?

Tuck
Tuck

d2h

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:11 am

Good Guide.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Mars Attacks Thu May 11, 2017 9:37 am

Hey man, what melle/combat skills do you recommend training first? For example, after questing etc, which should i train first?
Mars Attacks
Mars Attacks

Back to top Go down

Post by Hus Tue May 23, 2017 7:56 am

Looks very comprehensive. I've played pures in the past and they're super fun alternatives. Thought I'd go with a zerker this time though and change things up a bit Smile
Hus
Hus

Back to top Go down