Old School Q&A - Superior Slayer Encounter Visual Improvements (Main Points)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Old School Q&A - Superior Slayer Encounter Visual Improvements (Main Points)

Post by Shandong on Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:36 pm

If you happened to miss this weeks Q&A (Thursday, January 26 2017), here is an incomplete yet sufficiently comprehensive summary:

AHK: Reiterating it's not allowed. In terms of game longevity, Jagex believes AHK devalues the journey to 99. They will be treating AHK as a bot client

Only able to use standard mouse keys that come with operating system, since they're meant to help people play who are unable to use a mouse. This is to protect integrity of game. Remapping keys is still OK. OSBuddy mouse keys are not okay. 

-Paraphrased statement by Mod Mat K

Can superior dark beasts spawn in catacombs? 
Yes. Superior monsters check if there is space for them to spawn. If not, they will not spawn. Will be harder for them to spawn in catacombs. 

Can we keep untradeables in inventory if we die during PvP combat? 
Made those change already. 

Can some wilderness bosses receive buffs? Wilderness bosses are not rewarding enough for risk involved. 
John C wants to hold off on any wilderness updates for a major rejuvenation update. 

Lower the penance helm defence requirement to 40 instead of 45
Straw Poll: 55% Yes 45% No. 

Can you decrease the time it takes to mine rock or chop tree in scavenger room? Scavenger room is meant as shortcut, but it takes too long. 
Mod Ash may make mining shorter but gives less points. 

Can ice demons magic level be looked at?
 Yes, but not changing anything. 

Can we see buff to current mage cape? 
All skillcapes are kept with same stats for reason. Would be troublesome to buff at this point. 

Can you look into ways to prevent emblem farming in Bounty Hunter? 
Jagex is yet to receive proof of emblem farming, so is not taking action in response to that. 

Can Skotizo drop a head that could combine with slayer helmet? 
Looks cool, not slayer, but perhaps polling it. -Kieren
Straw Poll: 80% Yes  

Can spectral pray draining reduction work with other bosses outside of Cerberus? 
Ash and company agree it makes sense to do. 

Can you remove the "Ironman cannot trade while in wilderness?" Offers by other players to trade while in wilderness leads to griefing, will get killed just because being an Ironman. 
Will probably not be changed, according to Ash. 

With raids being out for 3 weeks, can we see drop rates next week? 
No. No date in mind -Kieren

Because there are so few items in game, would significantly impact economy of game if revealed drop tables -John C. 

May have a 1000 chests type of stream for raids. 

Do you have any plans for Redwood? 
Going to give it a whole new appearance. Digsite boat is being built with redwood, a boat to Fossil Island. 

Keen on idea of construction expansion with redwood plank -Kieren

Pet cape, a cape if you own all pets. 
The idea of a pet cape was met with mixed reactions. John C mentioned a collectionist system: have an interface that tracks various boss drops so you can keep track of drops you get or want. 

Mod Ghost sneak peek - Max fire cape: 
It's too dark in-game. Adjusting geometry of texture, expanded it, but didn't make a difference. Going to make fire max cape animated. Environment light is focused on front of character, naturally things on back will always appear darker due to game engine design. 

Will max fire cape be able to have lava animation slowed down? 
That can be done if players want it. Straw Poll for animated version: 93% Yes

Does Preserve prayer work for boosted hitpoint bonuses such as brews or anglerfish? 
Does not apply to overloads, but everything else yes. 

Can you remove ability safe spot Lizardman Shamans or add more safespots? Every world is packed. 
Trying to get additional worlds for Old School. In discussion of expanding capacity. Don't have date, but within next couple of months, more worlds will be added to game. Australian servers being worked on by Level 3 communications. Still months out. 

Shift click to drop items, when? 
ModMatK is nervous about it, fundamentally changes what Old School is (his words). Will be discussed and polled before it happens. John C believes XP differences would be negligible. 

Abby demons in catacombs can teleport players to room with dragons, can this be fixed? 
Yes, will be fixed. 

Spirit shield inventory icon improvement, making them brighter. 
Will poll. 

HP overlay for Vanguards (Raids). 
Ash says there shouldn't be a problem adding it. 

I missed a few questions, so hopefully others may fill-in the blanks, such as potential Spirit shield improvements, the Hunter skill barehanded bat-catching improvement, and granite boot mention.

Shandong
Active Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Re: Old School Q&A - Superior Slayer Encounter Visual Improvements (Main Points)

Post by Agdal on Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:32 pm

Thanks Shandong for taking out things out of the Q&A session that are worth mentioning and presenting it in such an aesthetic way. Smile

I have a very extensive opinion about the use of Auto Hot Keys. The first thing I would like to say is that I find it pityfull that people get mad at Jagex mods for deciding to ban AHK users and I believe this is what's bound to happen with the trend of Oldschool becoming a game where 'competitive' players rely on third parties to become 'Efficient'. I've read and heard much of these 'efficient' players and how they were waiting whether AHK were going to be banned or not, but then they lose it when it does (what were they expecting, honestly). I could go on for much longer but I've made my point Razz . It just appals me that people get so exasperated.

Agdal
Active Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Re: Old School Q&A - Superior Slayer Encounter Visual Improvements (Main Points)

Post by Shandong on Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:52 am

@Agdal wrote:the trend of Oldschool becoming a game where 'competitive' players rely on third parties to become 'Efficient'. 

I also have strong feelings about AHK, and can agree with this. It never felt good knowing there were players that were allowed to gain an advantage using third party software. And it wasn't like Jagex explicitly stated AHK was allowed, but worded their statements in such a vague manner, practically making it allowed. Thanks for stopping by Smile

Shandong
Active Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ragtagyeti on Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:03 am

Thanks a lot Shandong, really helpful to see all the possible updates. I could care less about AHK, I've never used them before, so it doesn't really affect me. I really like the idea of Skotizo dropping a helmet for slayer though Very Happy

ragtagyeti
$20+ Donor
$20+ Donor

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum