I got hacked again, advice please clan members!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I got hacked again, advice please clan members!

Post by bafoooooool on Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:28 am

So last Tuesday evening/Wednesday morning (1am) i got a message off a friend who knew that i went to bed, saying you're account is back online, you up? obviously from the title you can see it wasn't me.

So yeah i was hacked again, lost about 80m of the rebuild after losing 40m of the last hack (lol)

The thing that im trying to get my head around, and ive had about a week to think about it, is how i was hacked?

I have a bank pin, I have an authenticator that is attached to my phone and I'm just concerned how whoever it was managed to get onto my account, get into my bank and get rid of my stuff without the need of my authenticator? I know messaging RS will do nothing, but i figured i may give it a go?

Any advice is welcome.

Baf~
bafoooooool
$20+ Donor
$20+ Donor

hasta

Back to top Go down

Re: I got hacked again, advice please clan members!

Post by Ninjaskillzc on Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:00 am

Hello! It's a shame to hear that you got hacked twice dude Sad . I would try changing your email through Jagex Support. They can log in without your authenticator if they have your email and username and password I believe, or though I might be wrong. Also mix up your PIN at least once a month. That would help Smile

Rememeber - never give out personal details to any site, no matter if you trust it or not, including this site Razz . Unless they keep stealing your phone for an hour I can't exactly see them having access to your authenticator.

As well as this, Jagex Customer Support on Twitter do actually help a lot of people Razz Click here for Jagex Support . You may also have a virus/keylogger on your account. Remember to do regular McAfee/F-Secure virus and malware checks, I did one yesterday in fact Very Happy . EDIT: I just thought of something else, maybe the sly doughnuts that hacked your account contacted Jagex about needing a second authenticator as your old phone broke and gave ur username/email and password to prove it? Just a thought, suppose it is possible, which is why authenticator #1 doesn't work, as the generated code always goes to both accounts, probably not but just a thought.

Sorry to hear this news, I know re-building that much and then getting hacked again must be annoying. Anyway have a nice day and good luck Very Happy , it may be infact a rougue third party client. Change your email/password/PIN either way to be safe.

~ Ninja (a wannabe PMod, jk)

Last edited by Ninjaskillzc on Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ninjaskillzc
Active Forum Member

zul flip

Back to top Go down

Post by SwekSpek on Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:56 am

They probably had acces to your email adress, that's probably the only reason (together with being on the same IP adress as your home adress) to avoid the whole authenticator thingy. Also regular changes in password may help like Ninja said. If you need any help starting over again you can always pm me! Smile

Also if you ever did RWT your acc will probably never be safe.
SwekSpek
$10+ Donor
$10+ Donor

Back to top Go down

Post by bafoooooool on Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:57 am

Thanks guys, and whats RWT?
bafoooooool
$20+ Donor
$20+ Donor

hasta

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninjaskillzc on Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:12 pm

@Bafoooooool RWT = Real world trade. Trading your account details to somebody else for real money, obviously is against the rules in game and legally depending on your country.
Ninjaskillzc
Active Forum Member

zul flip

Back to top Go down

Post by bafoooooool on Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:29 pm

I've never done that so that's OK then
bafoooooool
$20+ Donor
$20+ Donor

hasta

Back to top Go down

Post by Autocrat on Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:12 am

Wow that sucks. I have no idea how they got through your bank pin. What about an authenticator on your email?

Whenever you feel like playing again, give me a pm and I'll help you out. But make sure your account is safe though. Someone apparently has a way to get into your account.

Autocrat
Active Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bafoooooool on Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:13 pm

Yeah i was thinking if i do come back ill just play the Iron man, but that gets boring fast! Thanks though man!
bafoooooool
$20+ Donor
$20+ Donor

hasta

Back to top Go down

Post by some1s bored on Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:26 pm

Sad that sucks man, hope to see you about

id offer to help you get set up again but we both know your luck with drops etc is better than anything i can give to help XD
some1s bored

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum