Why I don't use third party rs clients

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Why I don't use third party rs clients

Post by Vanity on Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:18 pm

http://rsplayers.wikia.com/wiki/Gh0st

https://www.reddit.com/r/2007scape/comments/29i75b/orion_blackmailing_attempt_warning_heads_up_about/

I know alot of people won't really care about what is said here, but I've been around on rs for 10 years and was never hacked until shortly before I joined this clan.. this was also when I had a valuable bank and was still using Osbuddy. I am pretty careful online, I don't watch twitch, barely watch youtube and hardly ever click on or use anything I don't recognise/trust. I have a separate unattached email for my rs account, I change passwords every 2 months, I have 2 step authenticator, I use a pin and I don't share my account details.

I don't want people to get offended or argue against this which tends to happen alot when I show people this. This post is just for my own conscience to warn people that its better to be safe than sorry. It is generally safer to stick to standard RS client.

EDIT: The 2 links are specifically about OSBuddy, but I'd say its better to be sceptical about all of the clients.

Vanity

Back to top Go down

Re: Why I don't use third party rs clients

Post by King_Axolotl on Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:13 am

I also choose to stick to the standard RS client. I have trust issues with osbuddy (because of gh0sts history), and don't feel like i'm missing out on *too* much anyways.

King_Axolotl

Back to top Go down

Post by mine rock on Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:39 pm

I don't trust osb either, I rely on the rs client. I don't need timers or overheads even though they are useful. I just use my instincts and go with the flow.

mine rock

Back to top Go down

Post by lonlin3zz on Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:45 am

One and my only personal rule: I will never trust anyone else to ensure my account will be safe, except for my authenticator, bank pin and most importantly, myself.

I am pretty much a contrarian, but this is my opinion.

lonlin3zz

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum