So how did you meet your loved one?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

So how did you meet your loved one?

Post by Fe Faerie on Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:23 am

I was 18 at Central Michigan University. Dollar pitcher beer night and dancing at the Wayside Bar with my girlfriends. Unfortunately a drunk trucker was following me. My now hubby (who was then 21) came over and asked me to dance with him. Henceforth my knight in shining armor saved me:) Soon after we found out we grew up in the same town rival high schools and had a few mutual friends. Married 3 years later. He is awesome still except for one thing.....12 years he has called my addiction "Run-Scape", this isn't pokey-man I say

Hope you enjoyed this and share your story of how you met your loved one I love you

Fe Faerie
Active Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Re: So how did you meet your loved one?

Post by lonlin3zz on Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:13 am

aww so sweet, my SO is prolly ran over by a truck

lonlin3zz

Back to top Go down

Post by runtellthat4 on Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:40 am

My gal was what I would call my best enemy...if ever there were 2 people that simply didnt did not like each other that was us...then one night she came up with this really stupid crazy idea...if we went out as a couple we would have a better chance of meeting someone we liked..the forbidden fruit theory she called it.As she explained it to me I thought..wow she is crazy thats the stupidest thing I ever heard... then she issued the challenge I couldn't refuse..what the hell we got to lose...So we went out to a place with dancing and I will be damned if gals that never gave me the time of day before actually asked me to dance. neither of us found anyone special that nite,but we did have fun because we werent ever gonna date each other....we spent the next 18 years together...she passed away several years ago but in many ways she is still with me always reminding me to find something to make today special.

runtellthat4
Active Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Fe Faerie on Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:57 am

You are smiling awash in warm memories and laughing but I am all teary-eyed and sniffling. Love your story Run<3 Thank you for the shares

"she is still with me always reminding me to find something to make today special."

Fe Faerie
Active Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybird2 on Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:29 am

Oh my goodness, that is so touching, said from the heart. Don't ever put Faerie and me in the same room together we are emotional twins. May you always make every day a special day Run <3
You captured your first meeting so well too Faerie and no one will be the slightest bit surprised that he 'snapped you up'. I haven't had a love of my life until recently, and still cant quite believe it, but every day is a blessing......oh! and we met on the internet and lived miles apart , so for 3 yrs he travelled every weekend to see me through all weathers, and finally moved in with me in June, which was well worth the wait. Wishing everyone some love and laughter in their lives, and happy memories.

ladybird2
Active Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Fe Faerie on Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:04 pm

Hugs Lady *sniff*

Fe Faerie
Active Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Greybird on Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:14 pm

Greybird
Insane Donor
Insane Donor

BA

Back to top Go down

Post by Princemike on Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:32 pm

I'll let you know as soon as it happens.

Princemike

Back to top Go down

Post by 3lven on Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:39 am

No longer together but I shall let you know how I met the first girl I really did love.
Grew up with her. Met at a young age in school when our friend group, 6 or so guys, merged with a friend group of the opposite sex, 6 or so girls. Went through pretty much everything together with this girl, school, first night out clubbing, every birthday, some Christmases, everything. We got to the age where boys like girls, and girls like boys, and we grew closer. Our relationship just sort of fell into place. After school one day, at about 14 maybe? We went back to hers to pick something up, I think we were meeting friends at the park or something. And we just kissed while sitting on her bed. That was it, it just fell together from there. Was lucky, my bestfriend became my girlfriend. 4/5 years later one night together (an awkward ish night where I new something was wrong) while we were numblingy watching a film and not talking in bed, she sat up and told me she didn't love me anymore. That was it, nothing else. For some reason I still stayed at hers that night. In the morning we didn't say much. I walked to my car, kicked the biggest dent into the side door, and drove home an emotional wreck. I remember it was a wednesday because id stay over every wednesday night and that friday it was a friend in our groups birthday, so a big night out planned. We both went, drank too much, argued, haven't spoken since. I lost my best friend and girlfriend that week. Been single (apart from some temporary dating flings) since. I couldn't tell you where she is, or what she's doing now. She was a huuuge part of my life. Will be hard to find something similar.

Aside from that, im going back pking now to take my lonely anger out on other people Wink Peace.

3lven
$50+ Donor
$50+ Donor

dbow2

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybird2 on Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:50 am

she didn't deserve you, you will find someone nice...when the time is right..and hopefully this time it will be for keeps

ladybird2
Active Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninjaskillzc on Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:45 pm

I'm an IronMan, I stand alone.

Ninjaskillzc
Active Forum Member

zul flip

Back to top Go down

Post by sylar on Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:52 pm

Went on a surf holiday to Spain with an organisation, met a girl there, kept seeing her at home and over 2 years later we're still together. It's not always practical since she lives an hour and a half away from me with the train but we manage just fine. Smile

sylar
Active Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Giel on Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:19 pm

Way to make a guy feel lonely.

In all seriousness though, i love this thread. Lots of great stories. I hope to have one someday.

Giel
Active Forum Member

chick

Back to top Go down

Post by Positivity on Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:52 am

@runtellthat4 wrote:My gal was what I would call my best enemy...if ever there were 2 people that simply didnt did not like each other that was us...then one night she came up with this really stupid crazy idea...if we went out as a couple we would have a better chance of meeting someone we liked..the forbidden fruit theory she called it.As she explained it to me I thought..wow she is crazy thats the stupidest thing I ever heard... then she issued the challenge I couldn't refuse..what the hell we got to lose...So we went out to a place with dancing and I will be damned if gals that never gave me the time of day before actually asked me to dance. neither of us found anyone special that nite,but we did have fun because we werent ever gonna date each other....we spent the next 18 years together...she passed away several years ago but in many ways she is still with me always reminding me to find something to make today special.

Love this story Run Smile

Gosh I guess I'm a little sensitive and emotional too! Smile

Positivity

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum