Ello ello (Etiz / This Peasant - my introduction!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ello ello (Etiz / This Peasant - my introduction!)

Post by Etiz on Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:57 am

Hey everyone. Posting an introduction here on behalf of the two RS names I'm currently using: "Etiz" (my main/tank) and "This Peasant" (my new 1 defence prayer pure).

Who I am IRL:
I'm Matt. 24. British. I run my own fledgling business making self-development content, doing consultations and the like - which thankfully means I get to pick and choose when to have my free time, and allows me a lot of time for stuff like RS.

Hobbies include: my business (yikes, someone who enjoys his work, what is this madness!?), working out, spending time with friends, hitting up festivals, reading, writing, daily meditation, learning new skills, etc etc etc..

My RuneScape history for anyone who feels like reading a wall of text:
Spoiler:

First discovered RS way back in early 2004, back when I was ~11 after a friend at school showed me it. Was probably a good year or two before I actually had any clue what on earth I was doing in the game, but from the beginning I was hooked. I was never very efficient at the main parts of the game (i.e. questing, skilling, pvm) and most of what I did always revolved around PKing, Staking, or Merchanting (pre-GE).

I played pretty much religiously until the trade update of late 2007 killed the PvP, and decided to quit. Then came back in around ~2010 when BH actually became profitable and half-way reminiscent of the old wilderness. Ended up hitting 99 str on my zerker around this point, recording my first (somewhat cringe-worthy) PK video. Also ended up merching my way up to 120M on my tank using the GE, although quickly lost it only a month or two later after a blunder that I describe below in my most memorable RS moments.

Played for a while longer but found myself quitting again. Then when OSRS released, I started up a new account, Etiz, and started playing. I played on and off, a month.. then quitting for several months, then another month, and so on. Then in 2014 or so I stopped playing completely to focus on other things irl.

Fast forward a couple of years, 2-3 weeks ago I decided to come back to RS again. Renewed my subscription on "Etiz" and got playing that, and then a week ago I also decided to make a new 1 defence pure named "This Peasant" which is currently the account I play on most.

Some of my most memorable and amusing RS moments include:

• How I went from not being able to afford rune items to having my first ever rare in a matter of minutes. I was waiting for my real life friend in Falador, when a guy tele'd in, died of poison, and dropped about 500k worth of items. I promptly sold the items and bought my first santa.
  • Earning my first (and only ever) party hat, a pink/purple back when it was ~25M.. and then losing it just as rapidly when I traded it for 5 santas (5M each) right as the price for purples climbed up a couple of mill to ~27M
  • Training with 0mfg0rz in World 18 at Experiments, only to accidentally discover his videos, and that he was a famous PKer not long after - which later became some of my favourite PK videos ever.
  • Taking a break from PKing to go skill in the bank without remembering to hop worlds, then a couple of hours of skilling later, putting on my santa and grabbing my cash, ready to head to the GE.. teleing to varrock, only to get attacked and lose bank. One santa was condemned to the void that day as this was when free trade was no longer a thing. RIP ~120M bank.

How I discovered OSRS advice/why I'm interested:

Well when I came back to RS recently, my friends list was pretty much dead. All the old OSRS folks I had added on Etiz except for like 2 people seem to have stopped playing, so after giving my friends list a bit of a clean it's pretty much empty. So I decided to head to the forums and look for some kind of social clan/community I could join to meet some new people.

There were a couple of them on the front page but being a bit nitpicky I immediately found things about them that I didn't like, weird rules, mandatory teamspeak, stuff like that. So I decided to go a few pages further back, and on like page 3 or 4 I found the OSRS Advice thread. I read through and you folks sounded interesting so I decided to join the CC and just see what people were like.

After liking what I saw in the CC I decided to check out the off-site to get a further feel for it, and yep, I definitely like what I see. So I figured I'd write up an introduction post, try get myself a rank, and become a part of the community. Smile

What are my current RS goals/what am I working on?
Spoiler:

Well a week ago I started my new 1 defence pure "This Peasant". I plan to stay level 1 prayer for the time being, and definitely keep 1 defence. I plan to do DDS staking as well as some PKing. This first week has been spent questing and getting requirements for all the gear I need.

The gear I needed to unlock:
- Ardy cloak 1 for +2 stab bonus
- Varrock armour 1 for best in slot melee defence plate for 1 defence
- Bear head for best in slot melee defence headgear for 1 defence
- D scim and DDS
- Mith gloves
- Unholy book
- Black d hide chaps for for best in slot leg gear for 1 defence
- Climbing boots

So in order to do that I had to complete ardy easy diary, varrock easy diary, mountain daughter up to killing the monster (but not completing it, or my 1 prayer would be ruined), monkey madness, lost city, horror from the deep, get 70 range, and do death plateau.

As you can see my week has been pretty productive and I've managed everything on that list:

So my next immediate goals are simply:
- Do mage arena and unlock god spells
- Get 60 attack and high str ready for staking

(Very) long term goals:
60 attack, 99 str, 1 defence, 99 range, 99 mage 1 prayer 99 HP.

I'll be making a goals/achievements post on the forums here at some point. So I'll post more info there rather than making this already super long post even longer Wink

Anyway nice to meet you all! Look forward to getting to know you all more.

Etiz

Back to top Go down

Re: Ello ello (Etiz / This Peasant - my introduction!)

Post by Rinrus on Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:03 pm

happy to see another clannie join Smile hope to see you in the cc!

Rinrus
Active Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Fe Faerie on Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:55 pm

Welcome and hello looking forward to cc chat, glad you found us:)

Fe Faerie
Active Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sylar on Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:38 pm

Some introduction you have there.
So what happened to the other 4 santas?

Anyways welcome to the clan!

sylar
Active Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Etiz on Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:50 pm

@Rinrus wrote:happy to see another clannie join Smile hope to see you in the cc!

@Fe Faerie wrote:Welcome and hello looking forward to cc chat, glad you found us:)

@sylar wrote:Some introduction you have there.
So what happened to the other 4 santas?

Anyways welcome to the clan!

Thanks everyone Smile

As for the santas - the stories involved different santas. The 5 I traded my purp for were sold off the same day. This was back at a time when I spent most of my time on RS standing behind Varrock West in F2P W1 merchanting. How I didn't get carpal tunnel from typing out "Buying/selling [insert item] [insert price]" thousands of times a day I have no idea.

Figured I could sell the santas 5.5M each and make a tidy profit on my purp, but only managed to get 5M each, making me unable to buy my purp back. After that I continued to merch santas, masks, pumpkins, easters, god armour etc (despite being a member, I never P2P merched back then because I used to merch with a couple of ingame friends who only had F2P). Made some steady income over the next month or two, then think I lost a large chunk of that money (Probably staking!), and gave the rest away when I next quit.

The santa from my other story about the PVP world was one I earned from merching again, but this time with the GE. Friend gave me 10M when he quit and I flipped it up to 120M (Which was a Santa + 35-40M iirc). Then I forget I'm in a PvP world and the rest is history  Laughing

On a side note.. I sometimes wonder what happened to one of the merchants who was always there in World 1 with me, who once showed me a stack of ~500 noted Santas. Only other person I've ever seen with that many was Chessy.

Etiz

Back to top Go down

Post by Leos Revenge on Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:49 pm

Ello Etiz extend every enumerated establishment enclosed entailing engaging empathetic emotions

Leos Revenge

Back to top Go down

Post by Voyro on Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:56 am

Welcome to the clan , i hope that you will enjoy it there

Voyro

Back to top Go down

Post by Enty on Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:45 am

Welcome, hope to see you stay! (or keep coming back like most of us Wink )

Enty
Active Forum Member

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum